Call for Nominations – Forum
The society is looking for nominations to fill various roles on the BSI Forum.
The BSI Forum is the BSI's 'think tank' and the place where the issues and ideas that are of importance to the Society and its members are raised, discussed and developed. The Forum meets twice a year and develops ideas and proposals for the consideration of the Board of Trustees.
Members of the Forum are expected to:
- Attend Forum meetings
- Be forward thinking, proactive and participatory
- Be respectful of the views and concerns of fellow Forum members
- Be familiar with current trends and issues of relevance to the Society
- Be willing and able to engage with members of the Immunological community in order to glean and disseminate information
- Consider issues pertinent to the many diverse interests of the Society's members
- Support and promote the strategic aims of the Society
- Encourage membership of the Society
- Be prepared to lead or take part in small working groups as appropriate
Membership of the Forum is for three years (four years for Board Members).
Regional Representative: Wales – We have a vacancy for a Wales Rep.
Matthias Eberl is re-standing for this post but please send a nomination if you also wish to stand.
Regional Representative: Northern Ireland – We have a vacancy for a Northern Ireland Rep.
Ultan Power is re-standing for this post but please send a nomination if you also wish to stand.
Early Careers Representatives – We have three vacancies for early careers reps. Ben Owens, Anne Astier and Matthew Taylor are all re-standing for this post but please send a nomination if you also wish to stand.
If you wish to stand, you must be nominated by two members of the BSI. Full name and address details of these members, along with a brief summary of your career achievements, and a supporting statement outlining what you feel you could bring to the role should be sent to the General Secretary, Professor David Gray, care of Judith Willetts, Chief Executive. Please clearly state for which role you wish to stand. These may be presented by email to email@example.com
The deadline for nominations is 5:00pm Monday 19th November 2012.