IMMUNOLOGY FOR ALL
This year in addition to our scientific programme we are organising a number of outreach activities taking Immunology out onto the streets and into the schools of Liverpool.
Below is a brief introduction to what we have planned, more details will be added as they become available.
Events for all
- Science Busking – come join us on the streets during the week of Congress for a snap shot of Immunology
- DNA and Disease – as part of the Inside DNA exhibition at Liverpool World Museum we will be running a hands-on activity session for all the family
- Café Scientifique – Speaker to be announced.
Events for schools
- Workshops – we have two workshops available for schools to reserve, free of charge:
Why aren’t we sick all the time – Designed to complement the microorganisms content of the Key Stage 2 curricula. Duration 1 hour.
To vaccinate or not? – Designed to complement the infection and immunity content with in GCE Biology, Human Biology and Science and Society curricula. Duration 2 hours.
- Evening Talks – we are looking for secondary schools willing to host evening talks given by researchers taking part in Congress on a variety of topics including vaccines, stem cells and allergies. Talks would be aimed for students and their parents.
If you are a school and would like more information about hosting either of the above activities please contact email@example.com
If you are a researcher planning to attend congress and would like to be involved in any of these activities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.